COVID-19 RESPONSE PLAN
We would like to assure guests that your safety is our priority. We are following guidelines issued by the Irish government regarding travel and procedures to ensure your safety while you stay in our home.
We have obtained Fáilte Ireland’s Covid-19 Safety Charter and are operating in line with current Government public health advice.
We have made the necessary changes to the day-to-day running of our home/Bed and Breakfast ensuring our services are delivered to you with every precaution possible.
Combining this level of care with enhanced hygiene protocols will ensure you have a very enjoyable and safe experience when you stay in our home.
Some of the changes that you will see:
- To ensure social distancing and not have all guests arriving at the same time we ask that you let us know on arrival what time you would like breakfast served. Breakfast is served between 7.00 a.m. and 9.30 a.m. and sittings will be staggered to ensure guests safety and compliance with guidelines regarding social distancing.
- Cereals, juice, yogurt & fruit will all be served directly from the kitchen replacing the usual buffet for these items.
- Single use condiments will be used.
- Tables and chairs are cleaned and sanitised between each use.
- Regular deep cleaning, washing and sterilisation is carried out across all areas of the dining room.
Communal Areas & Guest Sitting Room:
- Hand Sanitisers have been put in place
- Please ensure you adhere to social distancing guidelines, 2 metres apart
- We will issue a pre-arrival form to reduce the exchange of forms and pens at check in.
- We encourage guests who will be paying on arrival to pay by card where possible. Credit card terminal will be cleaned and disinfected between each use.
- Keys will be disinfected before and after each stay.
- Safety guidelines and posters are displayed throughout our home.
- Regular deep cleaning is carried out. All surfaces and common touch points including door handles, light switches, TV remotes, chairs, are cleaned, sprayed and disinfected multiple times each day.
- Windows and doors will be opened to allow fresh air to circulate throughout communal areas.
- Please adhere to social distancing when using the guest sitting room. Maximum number (unless same family members) is 4 guests at any one time.
- Books & magazines have been removed.
- Soft furnishings such as throws and cushions have been removed.
- Your bedroom will have received a deep clean and full sanitisation before you arrive.
- Extra time will be assigned per room to allow for high risk areas to be thoroughly sanitised. Particular attention will be paid to all common touch points such as TV remote controls, handles and switches.
- We have removed non-essential items from the bedrooms including guest literature & brochures. These are available on request and disposed of after use.
- Non-essential decorative textiles and furnishings have been removed from the bedrooms, i.e. bed throws & cushions. Additional bedding is available on request.
- Tea and coffee making facilities have been removed but can be provided on request or we are happy to provide refreshments on request during your day.
- We take the utmost care in handling the treatment and sterilisation of bed linen. Our bed linen (including mattress and pillow protectors) is washed and sterilised to eliminate any potential bacteria and viruses.
- Hand soap is provided, other toiletries have been removed, but can be provided on request.
- For guests staying multiple nights, rooms will not be cleaned while guests are inside. We ask you to indicate at check-in how often you would like your room serviced.
We are confident that you will enjoy your stay and we very much look forward to welcoming you.
Ann & Michael