This notice outlines our approach to personal data privacy and provides you with information about the data we collect and process about you, why we process your information, with whom we share your information and outlines your rights with respect to your information.
Who we are?
Copper Coast B&Bis a Data Controller. If you have any questions or comments about this policy, please address these to the Data Protection Administrator by any of the following mediums.
Business Address: Copper Coast B&B, Templeverick, Bunmahon, Kilmacthomas, Co. Waterford.
What personal information is Collected?
Unless otherwise agreed with you, we will only collect basic personal data about you. At the time you submit personal information or make a request, the intended use of the information that you submit will be apparent in the context in which you submit it and/or because the website or form states the intended purpose.
We have prepared the following table to indicate the main categories of personal data we process.
|Category of Personal Data||Data Subject||Types of Personal Data Collected|
|General Identity Information||The person that interacts with our B&B.||Name, Address, Mobile Phone Number, Email Address.|
|Financial Information||The person who we have contracted with to provide the accommodation service to.||Credit/Debit Card or Bank Account Details|
|Relationship Data||The person who we have contracted with to provide the accommodation service to.||May involve guest reviews and testimonials.|
|Your Preference Information / Information you have provided to us||The person who we have contracted with to provide the accommodation service to.||Specific Room Preferences or requests, Allergy Information.|
Why do we collect your personal information?
We may process your personal data for many different reasons.
- To comply with our legal and statutory obligations.
- To enter and perform a contract for a service with you.
- To enable us, acting in our legitimate interests, to function as a business.
- To enable us to carry out activities considered to be in the public interest, or in the vital interest of a data subject.
- To enable us to carry out our contact tracing obligations due to COVID.
What do we do with your personal information?
All personal data we hold about you will be processed by ourselves in our B&B, unless otherwise indicated. Where it is necessary, we may need to share basic personal data with third parties in relation to the management of our business where we may share your personal data with professional advisors in the areas of IT, Legal, Insurance, Banking etc.
Security of your information
Our B&B is committed to protecting the information we collect. When you enter personal data during the online reservation process, or submit a form on our website, your data is protected by Secure Socket Layer technology (SSL) to ensure safe transmission.
Secure Reservations – If you decide to make an online reservation on the website, you will be linked to a reservation interface and a third-party booking engine provided by our booking management system vendor B&B Ireland. All information sent to this site, is secured, and protected.
Our website may include links to third-party websites, plug-ins and applications. Clicking on those links or enabling those connections may allow third parties to collect or share data about you. We do not control these third-party websites and are not responsible for their Privacy Statements. When you leave our website, we encourage you to read the Privacy Statements of every website you visit.
How long do we retain your information?
Personal Data provided by you that ultimately results in you becoming a customer of our business, is considered by us as being part of the books and records of the business which we are required under law to retain for a period of 6 years.
You have the right to
- Request from us access to, rectification or erasure of your personal data or restrict processing concerning your data.
- withdraw consent for the processing of your personal data at any time, where relevant.
- Object to the processing of your data as well as the right to data portability.
- Have your personal data erased if we do not have a legitimate reason for processing same.
- You also have the right to lodge a complaint with The Data Protection Commission where you consider that the processing of your personal data by us infringes the General Data Protection Regulation 2018.
Changes to our privacy notice
This privacy notice will be reviewed, and we reserve the right to change this privacy notice from time to time. If we make any changes, we will post those changes here.